Sunday, August 25, 2013

New Instructor: Jody Summers



I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself.  My husband Stephen and I moved to the Orange Grove area in November of 2012, when he was called to Camp Zephyr as their Food and Retail Manager.  With a one year old (Leigh) and a Kindergartner, (Anna) it was my desire to begin my career as a stay at home mom.  I had worked for 10 years in the public school classroom, teaching high school students Art.  I worked with almost every media but spent a large amount of time teaching Beginning art, Drawing and Ceramics.  My main connection to the high school art world has been, and continues to be, my involvement with a state level Texas Art Educators Association art competition called V.A.S.E. (Visual Art Scholastic Event).  This will be my sixth year as Regional Director for the South Texas Region. 
The last five years of my teaching career were spent in Rockport, Texas.  As a small artist’s colony, Rockport had many opportunities to serve outside of school in the art community, many of which I have continued serving.  I just completed my third summer teaching “ArtLink, Art Camp for Kids and Teens” to second and third grade students at the Rockport Center for the Arts.  I also volunteer and chair the kid’s tent at the Rockport Art Festival.   I love art. More importantly, I love Art Education.  I have had a hard time letting it go to stay at home full time.  I am so thankful that Toni has given me the opportunity to teach your students, in order that I might do what I truly love and raise my children at the same time.  Please let me know if there is anything I can help you with or if you ever have any questions.  I am looking forward to the year ahead!


Jody Summers

             


No comments:

Post a Comment